Happy Makar Sankranti, guys!!
Hey Pals!! So, today is a popular Indian festival called Makar Sankranti…for more details just Google it, I’m kinda ahem, somewhere between lazy and tired 😶. On occasion of this festival, I’ll be doing The Indian Sweets’ Lover Award!!
I’m probably one of those people who will get diabetes when they grow up because I eat way too many sweets for my own good…but you can’t blame me, sweets are the best 😭🖐️. And Indian sweets are unbeatable!
I was nominated by Prashansa @ Reader’s Alcove (who is also the creator of the award), Rabhya @ Rab’s Bookish Planet, Srishti @ The Srishti Blog, and Dhriti @ The Tomboy Diaries. Thanks to all of them! The first three have awesome book blogs with great tags and reviews, and the fourth one is a younger blogger who writes some really cool poems! I was also tagged by Anjali @ Studio AD, a blog I recently discovered. Go check out these blogs, guys! Now, let’s get started!!
The Indian Sweets’ Lover Award
- Thank the person/fellow Indian sweets’ lover who nominated you! (or whose blog you found out about this award through)
- Answer the 5 Indian sweets-related questions and add one of your own!
- Share some pictures of your all time favorite Indian sweets.
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who love Indian sweets and leave an open nomination for every Indian sweets’ lover around the world.
1: What are your top three favorite Indian sweets?
How dare you ask just three?! This is gonna be so hard, uff. Well, okay so I have Rasmalai, Malaipuri, Ghewar and malai chaap (yeah, these are four, sorry cannot choose 3). Oh and also, there is this really popular watermelon-shaped barfi that is often eaten at weddings- I love that too!
2: What’s an Indian sweet you haven’t tried yet but really want to?
Bold of you to assume that I have not tried a sweet. Just kidding, lemme think…hmm, I do not think that I have ever had Shahi Tukda before, so I would love to give it a shot.
3: Name one sweet which is traditionally made in your city/state (This was also Srishti’s question)
Oof, that would mean I would have to reveal my city. Without being explicit, I am just gonna say that the petha of my city is famous worldwide.
4: Which kind of ladoo is your favorite?
I think my favourite are besan ladoo, they always make me drool!
5: Have you ever tried a chocolate flavored Indian sweet? If yes, name it.
Yes, chocolate petha! It is very good, you will not be disappointed!
6: Dhriti’s question- What kind of Indian sweet are you?
I took this quiz to find out and I got Kaju Katli apparently…which is the one sweet I actually find kinda boring, but okay.
7: Rabhya’s Question- One sweet that you can eat for the rest of your life?
Can I though? I think rasmalai because it is neither too sweet nor does it lack sweetness. And I would be content eating it daily, hehe.
Here is my question- What is your least favorite Indian sweet?
And here are the pictures of some cool Indian sweets!
No pressure on y’all, only do the award if you can and want to.
- Mokshba di @ Happy Panda
- Sam @ Diary of a Dreamer
- Khushi and Kunjal @ Duo Disseminators
- Siya @The Dramatic Drama
- Shivi @ Shivictionary
- You!! If you love Indian sweets and want to try out this awesome award, go for it ‘coz I tag You!
The Cookie Lover Award
I was tagged for this a long time ago by Siran @ Far from perfect. She writes fabulous poems, guys, you need to check out her blog! Also Simran, you didn’t specify any questions so I just answered the ones that you answered, lol. Now, let’s do this!!
Also, I can’t figure out who the creator is, so sorry about that.
- Thank the person/fellow cookie lover who nominated you! (or whose blog you found out about this award through)
- Answer the cookie-related questions and add one of your own!
- Share some pictures of cookies you adore! (can be pics you’ve taken or ones from online, just be sure to give credit where credit is due.)
- Nominate 5 or more bloggers who love cookies and leave an open nomination for every cookie lover around the world!
1: What are your top three favorite types of cookies?
Chocolate-chip cookies for sure, then there are these biscuits called Dark Fantasy which are way too good for anyone’s good. And my sister made some at home once, I do not know what they are called but they rocked!
2: What’s a cookie you haven’t tried yet but REALLY want to?
Fig rolls! They look so yum!!
3: What’s the last type of cookie you ate?
A Dark Fantasy biscuit, hehe.
4: If you were a cookie, which kind would you be and why?
I would be an oreo, because people really love them and they are used in almost all kinds of other desserts.
5: Why do you love cookies?
What sort of an absurdly ridiculous question is that 🙂? That is like asking a reader why they love reading or asking somebody who is gonna commit suicide why they love dying (which technically, they don’t, but that is beside the point). I love cookies bEcAuSe tHeY aRe sWeEt !!
6: Have you ever tried making cookies at home and how did they turn out?
Nope never. I do not like cooking…like at all!
My question: What is in the middle of cookies?
And here are is a picture of cookies!
I nominate (for the cookie lover award):
Once again, no pressure if you do not want to do this.
- Dhriti @ The Tomboy Diaries
- Naemi @ A Book Owl’s Corner
- Ashmita @ the fictional journal
- Sahi @ My World of Books
- Stara @ The Pool Of Thoughts
- You!! If you love cookies and want to try out this awesome award, go for it ‘coz I tag You!