I’m supposed to be busy, but the deadline is today aah 🤪.
Hey Pals!! Today, I’m doing The Read-Write Contest. I was tagged by the creator- Betty @ The box of Wonder! herself, and also by Rabhya @ Rab’s Bookish Planet and Srishti @ SRISHTI’S Travel Diary. Thanks for tagging me, guys. Please check out these blogs for awesome content! Now, let’s get started!
- Thank the person who nominated you/who’s blog you find this on, give them some fun book-character name (like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, etc)
- If you have a blog, list down the rules in a post, if not, contact/email the creator (contact page)
- Add the logo of this competition below the rules
- Link back to the original post and the post of the one who nominated you
- Answer the following questions!-Do you like to read? Which book made you like reading?
- Which book are you currently reading?
- Which book would you recommend non book-lovers to read?
- Which book character describes you the best?
- Which kind of book do you hate a lot and why (please don’t spread hate!)
- Write a story with just 5 lines
(5 because their are 5 letters in “story”, hehe)(you will be given points based on the story you write!)
- make sure your story is suitable for all ages or your entry will be disqualified
- After the story, share a cool fact you read! Mention the source too! (OPTIONAL)
- This competition ends on 20th December 2021, winners will be announced on 1st January 2022.
- Nominate some regular commenters of your blog to show them how much it means! Also nominate your friends! The questions are fixed, so you don’t need to make new ones!
Bookish names for the bloggers who tagged me:
For Betty, I have the name Becca 🤣from The Upside of Falling by Alex Light. The two names are so similar! I know that is not the reason to give somebody a name but it kind of feels right. For Rabhya, I think I’ll go with and Katniss from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I think when you shorten this name, it would look good on your blog name- Kat’s Bookish Planet. See, I’m so smart 😃. For Srishti, I have Shirin from A Very Large Expanse of Sea by Taherah Maffi. I think the name Shirin is kind of similar to your name (not really, but well). I think it will suit you well though.
1: Do you like to read? Which book made you like reading?
Absolutely not 😱! What, in the name of Percy’s sword, makes you think that I would like reading?! Reading is the most boring, and the creepiest habit of all.
Lol. The book that got me into reading novels was Secret Seven. Until then, I never thought I would ever read novels (I only used to read kiddish magazines), but then I got Secret Seven for my birthday by my sister, and thus began the reading journey of the girl who would later be popularly known for her amazing humor and morbid poems…and uh, her usual dose of narcissism too ☺.
2: Which book are you currently reading?
I am reading four books actually. I am about to finish Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover, and also Rock Paper Scissors by Alice Feeney. I also started the audiobook for This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab today. And I am reading The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson, but it is kind of on hold now. Hehe 😗.
3: Which book would you recommend non book-lovers to read?
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I know I said this book is overrated, but it was a very enjoyable novel! And it has one of my all-time favorite quotes, which helped me a lot. There is a chance you might find this not that good, but I am sure you will want to finish it the moment you pick it up because of the mystery. And it’ll be a really interesting read!
4: Which book character describes you the best?
I think Archer Helmsley from The Doldrums.
Archer is a boy who hates his oh-so-perfect, monotonous life, and all he craves is an adventure! But he has a very overprotective mother. And I find this a bit relatable.
5: Which kind of book do you hate a lot and why (please don’t spread hate!)?
I do not really “hate” any kind of book. If you are asking for genre, I suppose I can say that I am not a big fan of self-help. And believe me, I have tried a few self-help(ish) kind of books but I dnfed them.
6: Write a story with just 5 lines.
Amelia looked to the left, then she looked to her right. Before moving forward, alone at midnight, she gulped and took a deep breath. She took quick, deliberate steps, trying not to draw too much attention. Keeping her head down, she hugged her arms. She was afraid of silhouetted figures of men, afraid of what the night held in its realms.
7: Share a cool fact you read! Mention the source too.
There is this fact that I read at the back of my notebook, it says that if you hold in a sneeze, it can sometimes lead to brain haemorrhage…and even death 🤓. So yeah, now whenever you wanna commit suicide, you know you have a better option than jumping out the window 🤓.